Welcome to OctoFound! OctoFound is a responsive and highly customizable Foundation-5 theme for Octopress. Browse the theme using the navigation above, or read about the features below. Scroll down for notes on installation.
- Completely responsive: adapts to any screen size, from ginormous to mobile.
- SASS files that are highly documented and easy-to-edit: _settings.scss & screen.scss
- No-sidebar, left-sidebar, and right-sidebar page templates. To use these different layouts, open
your_page_or_post.markdownand add the line
sidebar: falseto hide the sidebar, or
sidebar_left: trueto make the sidebar display on the left. The sidebar displays on the right by default.
- Sticky navigation bar: to make the navigation bar stick to the top of the page, add the line
fixed_navigation: trueto your
- Optional subtitles on pages: in
your_page.markdown, put the line
subtitle: Your Subtitle Herein the header to give that page a subtitle.
- Font Awesome 4.0.3: click here to browse the amazing icons at your fingertips.
- Install Foundation 5 & dependencies using these commands:
$ [sudo] npm install -g bower grunt-cli
$ gem install foundation
- Add the following lines to your config.rb file:
- Install the theme using these commands:
$ cd your_octopress_root
$ git clone https://github.com/annejohnson/octofound .themes/octofound
$ rake install['octofound']
$ rake generate
- Verify that
bower_components, its contents, and
bower.jsongot added to your root directory. If they didn’t, you will need to add theme manually.
- If you see any gem version errors, try updating your Gemfiles to reflect updates you made while installing Foundation, and/or run your rake commands with
bundle exec. If there are any Foundation errors, try adding Foundation to your Gemfiles.
- Change the home page, and change or delete the no-sidebar, left-sidebar, right-sidebar, and example-formatting pages.
- Update _includes/custom/navigation.html to reflect these changes. Remember to update not just the link URLs and text, but also the conditionals in the list elements (which are responsible for adding the “active” class).